Using Kaffe Fassett Fabric Blog 2

I entitled the folder where I store pictures of my favorite fabrics "Hot Fabrics".
Needless to say this picture came out of the "Hot Fabric" folder!

This collection of Kaffe Fassett was started at the Paducah Quilt Show....and I continued with my collection until I had enough to start Kaffe's Bordered Diamond quilt.



From Kaffe Fassett's book Simple Shapes Spectacular Quilts. Even if you aren't a quilter, this is a most beautiful coffee table book with great photography by Debbie Patterson. "A hundred photographs of geometric inspiration from around the world - everything from triangular watermelon slices, to rectangular sheets of corrugated metal on African scrap dwelling, to lollipop-shaped topiary trees in Japan." Quoted description from the book leaf.

Here's my work in progress. I'm struggling for accuracy, but I think it will be well worth it. I'm loving it!

5 comments :

  1. Oh, how very pretty! I just love the hot colors and the pattern! No, I don't quilt, but I am in awe of the beautiful pieces made by those who do and love seeing and reading about them.

    BTW, thanks for your comment on my blog this morning, but it seems blogger is having problems and comments won't post. I've reported the problem and have checked into the help section. I see I'm not the only one with the problem so I am sure they are working on it.

    Happy Tuesday,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I got that book for Mother's Day and I love to look at the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOOOO! Really neat quilt, Marty! I love Kaffe fabric too... I have made me a lap quilt to use while in my "Lazy Gal" chair... just need to find the time to quilt it. No hurry... according to the thermometer, winter is still a l-o-n-g way off.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Marty!! This is going to be a gorgeous quilt!! I too love Kaffe Fassett, both his colors and his designs!! I look forward to seeing this quilt in all its glory!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...