Not just another bowtie ~




Scrappy bow tie quilt block


I wish, oh how I wish, I could remember where I saw this bowtie quilt block pattern yesterday.  But I can't find it after searching Pinterest, FaceBook, BlogLovin, Instagram and all those other places I go each day. 

So, my disclaimer is this - this is not an original idea - I found it elsewhere, but did enjoy the online tutorial enough to make my own 12" scrappy bowtie quilt  block.  I hope to go this afternoon to find a pillow form and then can add the border to get just the right size for my newest pillow.  Yes, it's another work-in-progress.  There's always something in the works around here. 

It's as easy as clipping on a bowtie.
Cut (18) 2 1/2" squares from scraps and make 2 nine-patch blocks.
Cut (2) 6 1/2" squares from background fabric.
Cut (4) 2 1/2" squares from same fabric.  Draw diagonal line corner to corner on back of each and with right sides together place a square on one corner of each of the 9-patch blocks and on the two background squares.  Sew on the drawn line, then trim off excess fabric 1/4" from seam line.   Lay your four blocks together to make the bowtie and complete the stitching. 


Thank you unknown quilter for keeping me inspired.
 
Edited...........Edited.............Edited.................Edited...............Edited 
 
 I found it....I found the blog where I found this bowtie block pattern.  How could I not have remembered that one of my favorite blogs to follow.......Gen X Quilters.......was where I found it!
Thank you AnneMarie. 

On a sad note:  I'm too old to be a part of Generation X.    However, since I've never dressed, looked or acted my age, I'm fitting right in with the Gen X Quilters!

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...