A little snippit of practicing what I preach ~



I like to stay organized but I must admit that I've allowed my bags and bundles and baskets of silk fabrics that have been given to me to get totally out of control.   Today I sorted and trashed the soiled silk ties.  I washed the rest of them and what came out unscathed got cut and pressed. 

Bucket of silk

Silk on a pellon roll.  Now we're working it ~


silk on a pellon roll


I took all those beautiful silks that have been gifted to me and pressed as many as my time allowed onto Pellon SF101 fusible.  I think it's the stuff garment makers use to support collars and  other areas that need permanent stability.    I buy it by the bolt....just in case I need more stability in my quilt-making~

There you go -   I'm practicing  what I preach....that is, to use any and all kinds of fabric in those improv quilts!  I don't care if you stay organized or not !



 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...