Have I been loving you too long ~


Oh, yes!  It's beginning to be a love/hate relationship with these damn flying geese.  What started out to be fun is now getting me to the point of asking self "are we having fun - yet??" 

paper-pieced flying geese


It's not that I don't love paper-pieced flying geese....and it's not that I don't love seeing a work-in-progress pinned to the design wall, it's just that I've been distracted by other fun - traveling to quilt shows and lunches with friends and participating in quilt guild programs.  It's that time of year to enjoy it all.

 

paper-pieced flying geese
 
 



There you have it,  my flying geese have been languishing on the wall and has me wondering how high must I fly to fall back in love.

It has me telling myself that it's only a quilt top and I don't have to marry it.  I read practically every day where relationships end for one reason or another and there should be no shame in ending one  that isn't making the grade.  

 
paper-pieced flying geese



It's already mid-morning and the question all morning has been, "Is today the day to finish with this love affair? "


























Perhaps today is the day to pack it up and and move on! 

walking away from a love/hate relationship












 

 

2 comments :

  1. If you're seriously done with the geese, you can send them this way. Of course, if you decide to keep them and sew them into this quilt you'll have a fabulous quilt because those fabrics are awesome!

    I've been wanting to make a flying geese quilt but the idea of making enough blocks keeps getting in the way. I'd say I know how you feel, but the thing is--I don't. Maybe if I make some big geese...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big geese are good, Mary. I do hope to get this one finished in my lifetime. Haven't sewn on it for a week, but a new week is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...