Are bow ties history?


3-dimensional bow tie quilt - Marty Mason


This bow tie quilt was almost history.....one I started at a quilting retreat several years ago after my friend Dorothy did a demonstration of the 3-dimensional bow tie.  I completed a few blocks just to reinforce the technique in my brain, then put the project aside for a year or more.  Being the A-type personality that I am, I do like to finish what I start....aka controlling the ufo's. 






When my Martelli was delivered in late October last year, I began searching for quilts to practice on that had no real value to me. 





 
 
 So, here you have it:  one of my first finishes quilted in the simple stipple design.  All quilted and washed and ready to donate to a child in need. 

 
 

3-dimensional bow tie quilt - Marty Mason
 
 


















Bow ties always look so nice and neat.....I do hope they aren't something of my past that I see only in pictures. 

3-dimensional bow tie quilt - Marty Mason

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...