A most enjoyable challenge ~



Every year one of the quilt guilds to which I'm a member gives us all a quilt challenge.  One of the major challenges is whether to participate or not!  This year, I did and loved the making of this paper-pieced confetti star block....an Amy Friend of During Quiet Time design.   Thanks, Amy.

Confetti Star quilt by Marty Mason

Confetti Star quilt by Marty Mason

Confetti Star quilt by Marty Mason



While the fabric choices were (mostly) mine, the dominant colorway was not.  Susan asked me to name my favorite color and my immediate response was orange.  She then handed over an aqua fat quarter.....the basis of my challenge quilt.  Along with the challenge instructions I found that my challenge quilt must be predominately aqua and must contain stars.   White may be dominant but that aqua fabric rocks my shining stars.

The original improvisational modern quilt design and free motion quilting got favorable comments at the show 'n tell.  Thanks to all for your generosity.





1 comment :

Thanks for stopping by...