Who am I?


Many faces, I wear.  But who am I?  Really?   A vulture!

Yes, that was my name for the day a couple of weeks ago.  Why:  because I took away a quilter's fabric to save it from being dumped curbside.  Yes, I did it then and will do it again.  Because I know that when I take, I also give back.  Of the 24 yards + of fabric, I made 24 pillowcases for community service and the remaining yardage went toward quilt backings for the children in need.  Enough.....



















The quilting group finally got to meet last Thursday and what a pleasure it was to be among kindred spirits.  But lo, as the meeting was closing, the group leader laid a fat quarter at my fingertips.  The sane part of me wanted to scream "NO"  since there were knowing eyes upon me.  But the vulture won out.  With no shame, I came home with more than I took with me. 






My happy ending is that there is now a zippered pouch made from that fat quarter ready to be given back....hopefully with a smile. 
\


PS:  The leftovers are mine.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...