A 16-Patch ~

 The temperature has cooled this week and has me energized.  A 16-patch quilt has been on my to-do list and now I can strike that one off.  It was a good time pulling from my left over fabric scraps to get 35 16-patches completed in just about no time.  That's when it seemed a need to be a bit larger and since there was plenty of fabric, I made more blocks to get a 48" x 64" quilt top.  Without any ado or over-thinking I lined  up all the blocks on the design wall and stitched in rows.  




The beauty is that there were a few blocks that perhaps the purest quiltmaker would have re-placed but I'm loving that green block against green block and the blocks without high contrast. While it was my goal to line up dark corner to light corner, that wasn't always accomplished as in 6th row, blocks 5 and 6.  But who's complaining.  Certainly not I.   My heart is jumping with pure joy at this little 16-patch quilt top.

 Marty 






1 comment :

  1. Just came across you. Lovely work. I happen to see you mentioned on a discontinued blog site, it was your "Stairway to Cat Heaven" and absolutely beautiful. Just starting and would someday love to be able to do something like that. Is that pattern available some where? Best wishes to you and your HuMan. 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...