In a hurry.....gotta get on the road ~



I'm off first thing this morning for a weekend filled with Sherri Lynn Wood workshops.  It's going to be all about patchwork  doodling along with some courageous and outrageous curved piecing in two six hour whirlwind days in Lafayette, Louisiana.   My bags are packed and all the sewing gear is  ready to roll with me. 

But first a hint of what it's all about.   Here's my first 'floating square' block and finished improv patchwork quilt made several years ago using Sherri Lynn's book  The Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters as inspiration and guidance.    Get fabric, cut a square and let one thing lead itself into the next. 

Floating Squares improv patchwork quilt block inspired by Sherri Lynn Wood


Floating Squares improv patchwork quilt inspired by Sherri Lynn Wood


Sew, I'll see you on the other side of the weekend with more pictures of how  Sherri Lynn and I figure it out!  Improv patchwork, now that's a cat's meow. 




2 comments :

  1. I am so happy to have seen you. My only wish is that we'd been able to visit just a little more. I love the work you did at the workshop. Let's workshop together again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visits whether long or short are always THE BEST and so was Sherri Lynn's workshop.....Stretching the learning curve beyond the curve.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...