Tried it.....Liked it ~


Try, in my opinion, is an over-used word to hedge.  I hear folks saying, usually in pathetically whiney voice,  "Well, I tried!"  I want them to finish the sentence.   Tell me the outcome of that "trying" attempt....success, failure, or somewhere in between.  Just try getting out of a chair, then let me know what happened.



Something I tried awhile back and liked the outcome.....painting fabric.   It was a class at Houston Quilt Festival a few years ago, teacher's name has sadly slipped on out of memory, that was all about painting on fabric that piqued my interest enough so that I tried the process.  What fun painting  on this Robert Kaufman linen... so much so that I used it as the back of this improv quilt.  The same linen on the front is left unpainted.  






I didn't have any of the fancy fabric paint so I tried the water based acrylic  which suited me just fine.  And, it didn't wash out because I tried that too.  


When one tries to do something, there must always be an outcome....Just try it and see.  






No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...