Foundation Pieced ~

 


What a delicious group of reds - 






the start of my foundation pieced red and white quilt inspired by a quilt top by an unknown quiltmaker in East Texas - one I saw in The Childress Collection on Instagram.  




I'm pretty much intrigued by anything red and white....my high school colors...And, anything improvisational always causes me to stay and study  a bit. What fun it was, each 10" block constructed without a care to come together in a finish that delights my heart.     



The Marjorie Childress collection includes 300 plus quilts and is growing.  Her collection emphasizes the quilts of the 20th century with a focus on improvisational piecing in a make-do attitude.  Some were shared in a special exhibit QuiltCon 2019, a summary found here in The Reading Room.  Enjoy as much as I enjoyed......Marty 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...