It's a Little After Breakfast Time ~


It's a little after breakfast.

It's a little before lunch!

And my dress is still casual - pajamas with a sweat shirt over to help ward off the February chill. 
It's not the best of pictures, but comfort counts when one is having fun! 

I'm not ready to meet the public;  however,  I've finished quilting and binding one of five quilt tops I stitched up while gathered at a most delightful retreat center near here with 12 other quilters. 


kid's quilt:  miscellaneous 6" squares

When I arrived home,  it only took a few minutes to quickly get each kids' quilt top matched with a backing.  Later yesterday afternoon, the quilting began.  One was finished  with the binding attached a little after breakfast....a little before lunch today.   One quilt top is sandwiched and ready to go 'under the needle' and three are back stage ready to be called up to front and center.  


kid's quilt:  miscellaneous 6" squares

A close view of the orange peel quilting design and flanged binding totally put on by machine.  The neatest look with an eighth-inch flange peeking out from under the binding. 

One last thought.....I can assure you the thirteen of us had a great time.....non-stop sewing and eating and laughing until we cried.  Sew much was accomplished and what a fun time it was
sharing and caring. 

Oh, and I'm still in my casual attire and it's now a little before lunch!
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...