There's a STAR out tonight ~



The local quilt guild is subdivided into three 'chapters' which is confusing to the non-locals who try to find our guild's meeting date and place since each 'chapter' meets at different times on different dates at different places!  And, what's more the guild's funds are diffused as is the camaraderie, the activities, the programs and demonstrations.  We are a small quilting community and it seems apparent to me that so much could be accomplished if we banned together as one each month. 

Life's not always black or white.....but wouldn't it be  nice?
 
 
Time to stop whining about what will not be ~ 

My HuMan of the house continues to tell me that life isn't always black and white....that what is apparent to me is not so for everyone and I should just embrace the way it is.  When things can't be changed, then it's time for me to change the way I think about it.   So I have and console myself in knowing how much I enjoy my small little quilting 'chapter' and how active we few are and how much we give back to the community and to the guild. 




So, as I was saying, the local guild has three 'chapters' and I'm a part of the Sunshine Chapter and you guessed it, we  meet in the sunny part of the day....which would be the afternoon and our very first 2015 activity as a group is all about stars - in black and white.  There was much smiling, cheering and hand-clapping when our activity rep presented to us our  first assignment to get our quilts made.  

This month we are to make four 12 1/2" star blocks with the stars being the dominant black.  And, we are to keep one of the blocks as our own and put the other three into a brown bag.  At our next meeting, those participating will take home a brown bag with three star blocks unlike the ones we brought.  What a great way to re-mix.   Each month will be different, but in the end, we'll all have enough stars to complete a nice size starry black and white lap quilt. 




There's a black and white star out tonight!


It was 'bout dinner time last night that I had two of my four star blocks completed.  Today will find me searching for more star block patterns and more black and white fabric to get my first month's assignment finished.   



There's a black and white star out tonight!


 
May all the stars align to fill my black and white quilt top.
 
 
 
 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...