Oh, Henfeathers!

.....and I just got home from a delightful four days to and from Fredericksburg, Texas.  What a treat it was to learn new quilting tricks from Hannah @Hannah's Quilts and Crafts and rug hooking how-to from Dolores @ Lakadaisies and to laugh out loud with friend Kathy. 

What'd we do while there?   Lots! I bought fabric and then even more fabric, I found a linen blouse and some new summer shoes....but one of my favorite shops among what seemed like a thousand, was Henfeathers.  The shop owner described her shop as being filled with 'good things to feather your nest'....and her fenced front garden and porch overflowing with baskets and buckets and pots filled with flowers just drew me in....(sorry, picture not included.)  Click on the Facebook link and you'll see what I mean.    After wandering about while drooling all the way, I finally decided to come away with these two scarves.  


Scarf - ready to apply fusible backing and be pieced into a modern improv quilt



You most probably won't see me wearing these dots around my neck but you will definitely see them again in one or more of my improv style quilts.   I loved that the second scarf I selected had a flower garland running the whole distance, top to bottom.  What a quilt border that will make! 


Scarf - ready to apply fusible backing and be pieced into a modern improv quilt


Be good to yourself today and say Oh, Henfeathers and you'll be smiling before you know it. 


Henfeathers - a gift shop in Fredericksburg, Texas






 

1 comment :

  1. Love your Blog on HenFeathers, and are Absolutely correct it's lovely, and quant. The owner Pam has a green thumb and it shows, an eye for Decorating that makes everything look and feel very inviting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...