Eyes Wide Open ~


It was still very dark outside but my eyes popped wide open:  it was only 5:45 a.m.!!!!!  While I am a very early morning person, the get-up time has been inching closer and closer to 7 ish.  Sometimes when my eyes pop open, I'll force them (and my what's-in-store-for-me-today brain) closed for a little longer nap.  But this morning, I didn't push those eyelids closed and am super enjoying my early morning time alone.

What I've been doing with my eyes wide open in the past several days:

Sewing  more wide mouth zippered pouches , a Noodleheads' design.  Here's one with my painted and waxed fabric ~











and just finished twelve pillowcases for community service:  perhaps for the children in the CASA program or for those in the safety of the women's shelter or dear ones in a nursing home.  The need for our sewing and giving is endless.

pillow cases for community service made by marty mason


pillow cases for community service made by marty mason


With eyes wide open, I've been hand quilting my  "The Avenue" quilt:  a Louise Papas design for the Jen Kingwell collection.    Slowing getting there and loving the peace while sitting and stitching with no cares in my self-contained life.




I've been watching with great envy the projects of those participating in the Bernina Sugaridoo Quilt-along.  When it began in November, I didn't join in because of lack of time.  Now, there's plenty of it!   The  various quilt blocks set in columns has inspired me.  With homespun in hand, I've cut and pieced a number of triangles.  Doesn't fabric change once it's cut!





Not sure yet what the next block might be but I'm leaning toward my favorite quilt block, the churn dash.




4 comments :

  1. I love all your work but The Avenue quilt speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and so easy to construct Torch.....the pattern is available from my house to yours, should you desire.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Torch, there's something about that quilt. The pillowcases...good reminder that I need to get back to work on some. Our guild tries to help out CASA also. Unfortunately, there's always a need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The Avenue" is becoming one of my personal favorites.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by...