Happy Anniversary to the two of us ~


It will be a low-key anniversary for the two of us:  the HuMan and I who have been married now for a mere 22 years.  We'll celebrate today in our usual way with a good morning kiss, then a hug.  He'll go his way to watch the weather or piddle in the back garden...water for the birds, blow away a few fallen leaves.  He's a tidy person:  well, actually, he is more than that.  He is a down right cantankerous person when things are imperfect to his perfectionist mind. 












Sometimes, it's absurd, his perfectionism.   But it sure saves me a lot of work.  For instance, he doesn't think I smooth the sheets adequately when making the bed!!!!  So, he does that.  He thinks I don't sort the clothes correctly when 'throwing' them in the washing machine.  Well, guess who does most of the wash! 



Like many men, he doesn't like change and therein lies a problem.  I've learned through the years to make suggestions, then give him a few day to ingest.  If he doesn't come around to my way of thinking, well, guess what.....I do it anyway (most of the time).  Sure, we have our ups and downs but continue to move on together.   We don't usually look back, but when we do, we can laugh. 






He's not a complainer, nor does he nag.  He likes cars, I like quilts.  We are different, but we like each other.  I'm blessed and know it and am thankful every day that the two of us share a little bit of the world together.  My heart is his on this anniversary of our marriage.





4 comments :

  1. So beautiful. Happy Anniversary 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful day....the HuMan was so generous in "allowing" me to zoom the day away with quilting friends.

      Delete
  2. What a sweet compliment to the HuMan! It's difficult to like the same person day after day for decades. Of course, loving them can be much easier. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...