I really didn't desert my blog ~

 But, I say, things just get in the way.   I was a happy camper this week, saying goodbye to ten little quilts made for community service.  They are out of the house and in the hands of those in need.  Some might have already been shared with you, but after quilting and binding, washing and drying all of them this past week, I thought I'd give one last glimpse of what can be done with a few scraps and left overs. 

Three of my favorites using Kaffe Fassett fat quarters to make large triangles. So easy to cut and sew.   I saw it somewhere....perhaps in one of his books!






Two made using the Karen Brown technique she demonstrated to rid herself of some unwanted fabric.  I started with twelve 15" squares and here's the outcome.  Was so enlightening, I decided to do it twice.




And.....who doesn't like scrappy triangles.  The combinations are limitless ~






Still scraps in an improv windmill layout.  


Here's the one made from the design Ginger shared with me.  Size is a personal choice so I used twenty four 10" squares for this slice and insert approach.  



Saying goodbye makes me smile and that's a good thing ~ 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...