Making Tracks

Modern Quilts Illustrated #3 - A Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr quilt magazine has three modern quilt patterns, all of which I want to make.  My first one - the one they call Blowing in the Wind - I call Making Tracks - is improvisational with structure.  Theirs is made with gray solid background and yellow prints, mine is lime green with gray highlights.  When I finished,  it just reminded me of steel gray tracks on a green countryside.  Whatever the name, it is a delight to my eyes and was great fun to make.   Approximately 50" x 72"....a napping quilt.

A Weeks Ringle, Bill Kerr quilt pattern


And did I mention that I purchased the kit while at Austin QuiltCon in February from Material Girl Fabrics. 

Also see more patterns from Modern Quilt Studio.  Go ahead,....make tracks!




1 comment :

  1. I Love that quilt! I bought some fabric at Sew Much More to make a modern quilt...It's called "Zen" grey. I saw a quilt on Pinterest to...sort of copy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...