Skill Builder BOM year-end review ~

I did it!  While I didn't get every block made this year, and still have one to finish, I so enjoyed participating in Alyssa's  Pile O' Fabrics Skill Builder 2013 BOM.  Oh, and how I increased my quilting skills.  At times, I thought I was way out of my element.

In all of my quilting years, I've never done English paper piecing so,  I am sew much enjoying the quiet time on the sofa.  Whip stitch by whip stitch, these little hexagons are coming together to form my pyramid.  Soon, very soon, it will be done.






English Paper Piecing....Hexagons WIP
 


 
Did I mention that I didn't get all twenty Skill Builder blocks completed this year.  Twelve out of twenty isn't all bad and  I'm loving the size my twelve block quilt will make.  I'm also loving the way these quilted blocks are joined:  the quilt-as-you-go way.  This lesson was worth sticking with this Skill Builder BOM 2013. 


 


Skill Builder Quilt





Just a sampling of my honed free-motion quilting skills. 

Skill Builder Woven Chevron....free motion quilted by Marty Mason




 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...