It was a trip ~



A once in a lifetime trip for me - a trip to the Houston Quilt Festival,
where they were celebrating their 40 years of great quilts. 

I walked in the door and saw
  A most spectacular display of red and white quilts from around the world.
Breathtaking ~

Houston Quilt Festival 2014 Celebrating 40 Years of Great Quilts



My most favorite quilt on display was entitled Fade Into Gray
pieced and quilted by Stephanie Ruyle, Denver, Colorado


My favorite quilt at Houston Quilt Festival 2014:  Fade Into Gray by Stephanie Ruyle



My favorite quilt at Houston Quilt Festival 2014:  Fade Into Gray by Stephanie Ruyle




A favorite quilt series of sixteen by Yvonne Porcella

Yvonne Porcella Quilt Display:  Houston Quilt Festival 2014


A most fun time watching the people - 
A lady in a most thoughtful mood drinking in the beauty of Yvonne's collection. 
 
Houston Quilt Festival 2014



Oh, what a most delightful surprise
to see my lone start quilt hanging in
Hannah's booth


My Lone Star Quilt hanging in Hannah's Booth - Marty Mason


One of my favorite vendors:  Color by Hand -
where I left a bundle, but didn't come home empty-handed!
 
Color by Hand:  where I left a bundle, but didn't come home empty-handed!
 
 
A most unforgettable view:  only a portion of the more than 1100 vendor booths....Oh, My!
A picture taken through a mezzanine porthole ~
 
Houston Quilt Festival 2014




Home again, but still thinking about the Houston Quilt Festival, 2014.
 
 
 

4 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, Lois, it was so fun. This was my first, so I really enjoyed. Are you guys at sea again? If so, happy sails to you.

      Delete
  2. I went last year and while the quilts were amazing, I thought there were no vendors that catered towards the 'artsy" quilters. All rather traditional. I would go again but my expectations would be different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree Denise. I expected more booths with more modern fabric and came away lacking. I'll be going to the modern quilt convention 2015 in Austin and know that I'll be very pleased with the wares of vendors. Been there, done that, and came away from Quilt Con 2013 totally saturated with modern AND artsy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...