I sewed for me!


The past few days have been spent at a birthday hamburger cookout and selling raffle tickets for the Peach Festival raffle quilt  and presenting two programs for quilt guild and finishing quilts for community service.   All, fun; however,   I told the HUmAn last night that I wanted to spend today doing nothing more than sewing for me.  And sew I did. 

Once a month, Pile O' Fabrics and Sew, Mama, Sew! give us the big block BOM.    June's  block "The  Pieces"  is out and it is a great one. 

Here's my 24 1/2" block, completed with two pieces of  Amy Butler's Alchemy fabric.  Hers is the white floral and the aqua butterfly.   I added a scrap of Zen Chic's Comma and a piece of  delightful Keiko Goke out of Japan - yellow with aqua and lavender spirals on the bottom row.    The only fabric I could find that would blend and/or contrast with all these fabrics was the lavender for the sashing and border.  I like it!

"The Pieces"  Sew, Mama, Sew! BOM 4



And, here is "The Pieces" with my other three big blocks.  I think there will be six in this BOM quilt-along and I'm really thinking I'll put all of my blocks together for one quilt top. 

 Sew, Mama, Sew! BOM 1,2,3,4
 
 


 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...