When Marty Muses ~

Ya know, when you start at the end of the story, then stop and muse to self.....perhaps I need to back up and start from the front. 

Case in point.....I liked this fabric....modern affair from art gallery.   Therefore, if I like it, then it should be used.  Somewhere.  A quilt binding, perhaps?  What about binding the quilt I've just finished quilting?  Yep....that works for me.

quilt binding with Art Gallery - Modern Affair Collection
 
 
 
 
quilt binding with Art Gallery - Modern Affair Collection
 



The story started several weeks ago.  When at a quilt guild meeting, purely off the cuff and not in the program script at all, I told the group that often times my quilt binding has no relationship to the quilt.  I don't closely examine, nor dwell on the final stages of my quilts.  Some think I should !  But my feeling is that if the binding fabric finishes the job and does it in a pleasing manner (to me), then it's a binding well done. 


Continuing to muse and moving in a backwardly direction:   Here is the quilt back....a fabric from the PB & J Basic Grey collection.  Hmmmmmmm....does this quilt back have any kind of relationship to the front???  NOOOOOO........Oh, my! 

PB&J - BasicGrey quilt back showcasing spiral quilting by Marty Mason


Close up of quilt front, improvisationally pieced quilt blocks with concentric circles/spiral quilting.

Improv pieced, spiral quilting:  modern by marty mason


And the unveiling of this rogue quilt with binding that has no relationship to its front or back. 

Improv pieced, spiral quilting:  modern by marty mason



This tale started with the binding.  The quilt ends with it.   
 How perfectly finished is that. 
 
 
 
 

2 comments :

Thanks for stopping by...