Physical and Mental Maturity - A Good Thing

LSU....THEY WON.... NATIONAL COLLEGE CHAMPS.......YEA...GEAUX TIGERS! No, I'm not an LSU grad, but it has been fun following these baseball champs from Louisiana.

I found a new web page. A little bit of this and a little bit of that for the more mature folks (that would be me)...age wise anyway! Mental maturity, perhaps not yet. Click here.

A couple of days ago there was an article in the local newspaper's "health and fitness" section. More often than not, the articles slant toward attracting the young reader. But on this particular day, it was meant for me to read!! If I want to look my best in MY bikini, I should eat more fruit and vegetables each day. OK, I love both, so I can do this. Had a peach for breakfast the next morning, steamed cabbage for lunch and a grilled kabob....shrimp, bell peppers, onion and mushroom. I gave dearest the shrimp...I had the veggies. I was starving by this time. My portion was very, very good. I'm still not looking like I should go purchase a bikini!

Tried again the next day. Still not looking like that little skinny thing pictured in Monday's paper.
Was feeling pretty weak yesterday morning but continued in my pursuit of skinny. Oh yes, I still had my veggies last night....but the lettuce and tomato were atop a huge hamburger patty with mounds of mayo and mustard slathered on both sides of big buns. Oh, yes, I forgot to mention the onion.....served up with catchup....home fried up in a big black cast iron skillet....ONION RINGS.

Motto...you don't have to join them to beat them. Be sure to eat your fruit and vegetables today!!

x's and o's

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...