Blues...Around the House


Blue Monday.......I have this to say about that

One of my favorite things to do on a Blue Monday...or any other day of the week...is to make original watercolor note cards.



And scan pictures of my Calendar Sue quilt and put into note cards. Here is Sue dressed in the April showers attire.


And here is my "Slow Moving Jones" backyard turtle...Even broken blues are beautiful when recycled.



And one of my favorite bookends...Raggedy Andy. Grandmothers are the most wonderful people to have in the family. I painted Ann and Andy many, many years ago and my Grandma thought they were the perfect asset to her book shelf. Now they adorn mine. I'm still looking for a slot on "America's Got Talent."



Happy Blue Monday. Thanks, Smiling Sally, for hosting this fun event. Take a look and continue to enjoy other Blue Monday friends.

14 comments :

  1. What a great way to recycle loved but broken china! I'll never look at an unadorned turtle without remembering this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blues are all spectacular and very creative. I especially love the turtle. Thank you for sharing all your photos with us. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the glass mosaics too, they would look so good out in the flowerbed by.. say some blue hydrangeas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feedsack Fantasy6/15/2009 10:03 AM

    Marty ~ I just pop in to thoroughly enjoy your creations! The turtle is adorable, never seen a turtle mosaic'd before ... the water colours I am in love with ... you are amazing. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your blues, but I love that cute little turtle. I want to learn to do this and just got a book...don't know if I can do it however, it looks hard to cut the china. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blue, but especially loved your Calendar Sue, all decked out and walking in the rain*! How cute*! _Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy Marty
    Your Grandma was a smart woman.
    I am so glad you shared all the wonderful photos today.
    Slowing Moving Jones is looking cool.I think I'll be singing that song the rest of the day now :)
    Happy Blue Monday to you .
    Have a marvelous week.
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that turtle and Raggedy is a perfect book end. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blue Monday- I really love your turtle...you should make a little video tutorial and teach us all how to do that. Its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Mr Turtle!!! Hope you had a Happy Blue Monday ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the little blue girl shelf sitter

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful note cards, you are so talented! I love the bookends, they are too cute. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marty, that turtle is such an awesome idea and the blue plate was perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...