It was a fat and happy weekend.....

I've been sewing and sewing and sewing.....

Half square triangles - started here -  all quilted and bound.



Friends and I recently visited a nearby quilt shop and a sewing class was going on....We stopped in and discovered that the group was piecing a Moda jelly roll end-to-end (and without knowing the specific pattern) then it appeared they were recutting into strips to sew back together horizontally......Well, guess what!  I don't have any jelly rolls, just fabric which I cut into 2 1/2" strips, all colors, all designs.  Here you see my strips sewn end-to-end then sewn horizontally!  It's 60" x 48" and ready to be quilted! 

but my favorite is the vertical!  This one is 70" x 55"....can't wait to get it quilted! 
Can you see me doing a Marty rendition of Elaine's happy dance!  Moral - do not limit yourself to something you don't have ~ i.e. a jelly roll ~!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...