Diptych:

I have frequently seen this word in blog and photography world and really didn't know it's meaning - until today..... when I finally went to Merriam and/or Webster. Here is their answer to my question.

dip·tych noun \ˈdip-(ˌ)tik\
Definition of DIPTYCH
1: a 2-leaved hinged tablet folding together to protect writing on its waxed surfaces
2: a picture or series of pictures (as an altarpiece) painted or carved on two hinged tablets
3: a work made up of two matching parts
Illustration of DIPTYCH

Before ..............................After

She was sitting in the bathtub with her grandmother (in the background).....soaking their feet after a hard day shopping. Too good a picture to delete just because of the bathtub fixtures - so, I fixed it. Isn't she just the beauty!

Now I can diptych too! Can probably even triptych as my day progresses! Do I feel dumb....or what???

1 comment :

  1. Yes a beauty and when I enlarged it even more so. thanks for the lesson too. We aren't dumb we are forever learning new things. How boring life would be if we already knew it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...