To Foyer or not to Foyer?

I don't have a foyer. I just have an entry! Well, what's the difference? On the one hand, you enter and then wonder where the house is....and on the other hand, you walk right in and sit yourself down! In my search for an ideal foyer, well - some are a little too cold.....





and some are a little too wild.....






















and some are a little too way over the top.....













some are rooms within themselves.....this foyer is a big as my entire living/dining area!

















then I found this little gem...I would love this in my next beach cottage. Well, that would be my first beach cottage!















This one is my favorite....I'm thinking I could clear out all my living/dining furniture and put a big white round table right in front of the entry and call this old room my new foyer....I'm loving this idea since we never use the "2 formals" anyway!


2 comments :

  1. Love all your ideas...the beach cottage is sweet and inviting...and the big table too. But I'd have it piled with fabrics and art work waiting to be done the minute I walked in the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that beach cottage foyer is just lovely! We have a little 'porch' on our cottage. Fitted with door mat style flooring and brimming with wellie boots it's functional more than inviting. I'd do something with it if it was more than a metre square! lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...