Flying Geese

Cover your heads...gaggles of geese are flying everywhere!! The sewing machine has been hot this week. Making all these little honkers for my orange and aqua "Geese in the Forest" quilt just about has my goose cooked.

Here is block 2 - Friendly Flock - make 27. I'm keeping track - only 44 more 6" x 6" blocks to go!


And here is block 6 - Loosey Goosey - 16 blocks were made....only 28 more....


...like I said, this quilt top just about has my goose cooked. But I have made a little headway on the last block. Flying geese quilt blocks are very difficult to construct with accuracy so paper-piecing eases that pain. But then I'll have to trim all 100 blocks to size and pull out all that paper backing. Not something I look forward to doing.

Pretty clever of Twiddle Tails to name each block. Now I can say I've been done in by a friendly flock of loosey goosey goose bumps in formation by the triple tree. Only 27 saplings are left.

3 comments :

  1. I am still trying to learn all these patterns you ladies create ... some I can associate with the names, others I am lost. Lovely as always.

    TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marty,

    Paper piecing works GREAT using freezer paper, which you can peel off and use the patterns over and over!! It's a special technique that I taught to several guilds using the info in Quilter's Newsletter Magazine, Oct. 2000, pg 54. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll mail you a copy of the article... SO easy to do, and no having to rip paper off!!! I LOVE this technique. It's the only way I do paper piecing these days.

    Happy paper piecing!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I wish I knew now what I didn't know then!! Yes, I definitely have a need to know the freezer paper technique. Send it on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...