Art Quilts from Photographs?

I was reminded yesterday when reading Autumn's blog post about printing on fabric, that I once did that. It's only been a few months ago, but I've been so busy with other projects that I haven't gotten back to this wonderful way to incorporate two loves - photography and quilting.

Here's Callie. I first did a thread sketch and made a fabric art card. As time went on and my love for her continued to grow, I took a picture of the art card then printed Callie on fabric. Short, sweet and to the point.....here's Callie in an art quilt. For Sale Here.
Click to enlarge.

And here is a quilt top I was commissioned to do. A very fine lady wanted every one of my thread painted pretty ladies in a quilt. I actually did two quilt tops for her since I had too many ladies to put into one quilt....and she wanted all of them! Bless her generous heart.
Yep, you got it, just click to enlarge!

2 comments :

  1. How very beautiful! Just gorgeous!

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your original thread paintings are wonderful. They look fantastic in both the small and large quilts. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...