Spotlight on Louisiana's Twin Cities

What a surprise I found this morning when I opened up one of my favorite blogs. Grace started her blog in 2004 even though I only recently discovered it. Design Sponge featured the Louisiana twin cities - that is, Monroe and West Monroe. Having lived here all my life, I knew about all these places that were spotlighted, but what fun it was to see pictures and accolades in a blog from New York.

The tour was compliments of Paula of Neutral Dwellings. We are described as "two small-town southern charmers." I think the description fits our area perfectly.


Just to name a few sites to see -



The Biedenharn Museum and Garden and Masur Museum.

Places to be - Enochs Pub & Grill Yes...it's an Irish pub and Yes, they serve green beer on St. Paddy's Day!

and, Coda Bar and Grill. I love going here for lunch. Plenty of food and fun (and did I say noise)!

Design guide with a local flair - Material Things owned and operated by personal friends of mine, Peggy Gonzales and Joyce Sims. It's much more than a gift shop on Park Avenue, Monroe.

3rd St. Market is another locally owned (more than a gift shop) that I love to visit. And, of course a stroll down Antique Alley makes for a pleasurable afternoon,

Dining at Restaurant Sage is a celebration!

Thanks to Paula and Grace for this tribute to the Twin Cities.

You rock Louisiana.

Who dat say de gonna beat dem Saints!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...