Thread Painted Fabric Art Cards

Here's Molly............
Monday is just the best day of the week...well, that is next to Tuesday - Sunday!

I know it...I'm vain...can't help but do a double take when my work is highlighted on a creative friend's blog. Mr X Stitch just gave me the thrill of the day. "Molly" the latest in my series "Pretty Ladies in Smart Hats"
fabric art cards was featured. I love to free motion thread paint....never know the shape of the face or the size of the hat until I cut the thread and declare the "portrait" finished!

Here are a couple more of my favorite thread sketched beauties. Yes they are!
I call this one my "heritage contradicted" fabric art card. She's native American, but her name is Willie May.



And, my all time favorite.....Callie. I really don't know how I got the most serene look in her face and in the tilt of her head. Genius was at work that day!



Check out the number one cross stitch and embroidery pattern site "on the planet."

3 comments :

  1. congrats on your blog feature!! i'm loving your fabric card art ladies!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this technique you are doing with thread painting. I must try a person. So well done. Bravo and bravo for being featured as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lori and Lynn. So much fun to see the personalities that come out of that sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...