"At Piece With Time" (almost) Completed Quilt



Boy has my Bernina been whirring this morning. I purchased the Quilter's Edition several years ago and it has been perfect for my quilting and embroidery needs.

Yes, it's still raining here. Is this why Louisiana is known for its marshlands???

Did get the binding sewn onto my quilt I named "It's almost pink and brown." Loved the Henry Glass fabric we used in this quilt that was a block-of-the-month quilt at Quilt 'N Stitch, our local quilt shop. "At Piece with Time" by Steiner & Frankenberger is the book we used and it is just a joy to read....a story behind every block. And has great pictures. Also a pattern to do a travel journal, baby quilt, baby doll and doll quilt. I did make the doll quilt for one of my favorite nieces last year as part of her Christmas gift. But, I have to tell you, the instructions in this book were the hardest I have ever had to follow. And, you know how costly these pretty quilt books are...well, we received along with the book, corrections to six (repeat. 6) pages. Not a good thing in my view.

Anyway, if it continues to rain, I just may have the binding completed by Thursday to take to our North Louisiana Quilt Guild meeting for the Show and Tell segment. Not only do I love showing off my work, but always enjoy seeing the beautiful works of chapter members. What a treat.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...